Friday 24 October 2014

Jose Mourinho Press Conference - Chelsea vs Manchester United 2014



Press conference ahead of the match vs Manchester United, 24.10.14

"I only have positive news! We are playing well, we are confident, we are top of the league, in a good position to qualify for UCL (next stage), the camp is happy."

"Diego has a little chance (to play vs Man United), the same as Mikel and Ramires. Remy no chance."

(Diego Costa) "Everything happens to him! He was obviously injured (hamstring) and then he had to go to the hospital with a viral situation that we didn’t manage to resolve without him being in the hospital over 1 night.
… He trained individually.”

"I don’t yet know if Didier Drogba will play, I’m being honest. In the end (playing 75 min vs Maribor) was a good training session for him. We are happy with his reaction and he is happy too."

“I like to play big matches, I like to play against the best teams. I like to play in the most difficult stadiums. So for me to go to Old Trafford … I did it with 4 different clubs, I did it with Porto, Inter, Real Madrid and Chelsea … I like to go there and I like to play there.”

"Man United is Man United! For me doesn’t matter the manager, doesn’t matter the moment, doesn’t matter the table, doesn’t matter the players. Man United is Man United, and I always look at them independent of these factors."

(van Gaal) "During the match I have no time and for sure he has no time to look around and to see who the opponent manager is. Before the match and after the match he is one of my big friends in football and I will always be happy to see him." … "Everybody knows the respect I have for him, I never hide the respect, the relation, and the fact that he had an important influence in my career, but in 2 days he’s my opponent"

"We go to every match to win, but sometimes matches go in one direction where in a pragmatic way you feel one point becomes a good result. Sunday we go to win."

"Drogba is where he has to be, he is at home. And it doesn’t matter if he plays a lot or not, Didier is Didier and we are so happy to have him and his contribition to the team will be always important."… "The moment Diego couldn’t play and especially now when Remy can’t play, he understands the responsibility, he understands the need and he pushes himself to different levels."

"Juan (Mata) is a very good player and very good players are dangerous. Nothing more than that. With Samuel Eto’o it was the same. Lots of talk, he played against Chelsea, he did his job, he scored his goal, we did our job, the relation is good and no problems. So I look at Juan as a very good player and no more than that."

"If I bought Di Maria it was because I liked him. If he was fantastic in my period at Real Madrid - good! Now he plays for Man United. A little bit like Louis (van Gaal) Fantastic relation, very good memories."

No comments:

Post a Comment