Friday 17 October 2014

Jose Mourinho Press Conference - Chelsea vs Crystal Palace, Oktober 2014

Press conference ahead of the march vs Crystal Palace, 17.10.14
As always, a pleasure to listen to the verbal pearls of The Expressive One. I looooooooove it when he says ‘sink’, this little imperfection in all his linguistic brilliance is the icing on the cake. ♥ ♥ ♥

    Influence on the decisions of the national team managers to call up a player
    "During my career some of them, not many, but some, used to contact me to ask about the situation of our players but many don’t. When they contact me I’m always open about speaking with them.
    They have the power, we don’t have the power.”

    "Sometimes you want to impose your style and sometimes you want to adapt to the opponents’ style. In their style, Palace are better than us so we have to play our own game."

    Palace manager Neil Warnock compared Mourinho to Brian Clough.
    "I obviously feel very flattered with his comments but I don’t think there is a comparison. Mr Clough is a legend in English football; what he did, especially at Nottingham Forest, will be remembered forever. It was a big loss for English football when he went so early but I’m nobody compared with him."

    "Every football manager knows about the game, methodology and tactics, but they are not all strong in other areas. This area is a fundamental one and because of that Neil Warnock is a good, difficult opponent.”

    "We know the team we are building and the feelings are obviously very good, but the same way I’m not in hell when things aren’t going well, I’m not in paradise because we are doing well."

    Ronald Koeman Manager of the Month for September: “First of all I think Ronald deserves it, he’s a great guy and a good friend, we worked together for a while.
    I’m so happy he arrived in England and things are going well for him.
    The second reason I’m happy is because the manager of the month always loses the next match. Garry Monk lost against us, so I don’t want the award.” (laughs)

    Former Blues defender William Gallas has announced his retirement from football
    "He’s the kind of player that when you have him in your squad, instead of having 22 players you have 24 or 25, because he plays left-back, right-back and in central defence on the right or the left.
    I don’t remember any mistakes by William, I just remember so many untouchable performances.
    I was so sorry to lose him at the time because he was such a fantastic player. He should be very proud of his career and I wish the very best for the rest of his life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment